An AOP pool system combines the germicidal rays of a UV and the shock power of ozone. Together, they produce hydroxyl radicals that will destroy 99.9% of micro-organisms that can be found in your pool or spa.
SAFE! ECO-FRIENDLY! HEATHLY!
- eliminate organisms that are resistant to chlorine!
- continuously oxidize your pool for maximum sanitation
- extend the life of your pool equipment
- minimize chemical use
- eliminates odors and irritants
How An AOP Pool System Works
AOP pool systems provide a water treatment procedure that is designed to remove organic, and some inorganic, material in the water by oxidation through reactions with hydroxyl radicals. Hydroxyl radicals (OH) are the strongest oxidants that can be used in water, and will attack almost all organic matter. Once the contaminant has been broken down, they become stable compounds that are harmless.
Similar to the straight UV systems, the AOP pool system uses 254 NM (germicidal UV) wavelength that is used in drinking water systems. When a microorganism, or any water borne pathogen, comes into contact with the light, their DNA is disabled, rendering them harmless.
Ozone, on the other hand, can be generated in 2 ways:
- UV ozone generators use 185 NM as a light source. This wavelength is used to “crack” oxygen molecules, creating the ozone gas. This is a less sophisticated way of generating ozone with a lower concentration that corona discharge.
- Corona discharge is more sophisticated way of generating ozone for the AOP pool system. The procedure generates a much higher degree of ozone by passing air (oxygen) through a high voltage field, known as a corona discharge. Here, the oxygen is converted to ozone, where it is ready to be injected by the AOP pool system.