Ultraviolet Systems for Commercial Pools
Why Add a UV System to Your Commercial Pool?
Safe and healthy swimming is a matter of clean water and air conditions. Whether you swim in a residential or public pool, poorly maintained water chemistry and air quality can make you sick. Commercial UV systems provide a logical solution.
UV has proven to be the solution for dangerous RWI’s (Recreational Water Illnesses) and Chloramines (Chemical Irritants). UV Treatment is as natural as sunlight. More specifically, UV-C light is a natural component of the electromagnetic radiation that the Sun emits. Much of the Sun’s radiation is absorbed by ozone in the Earth’s upper atmosphere, but some UV-C light passes through and acts as a natural disinfectant. UV-C light inactivates exposed microorganisms, including those found in surface waters.
UV systems operate the same way. Inside a UV system, UV lamps emit UV-C light (wavelength range 240-280 nm). Waterborne pathogens in the water circulating through the UV vessel are exposed to the UV-C light for a determined amount of time and become inactivated.
Ultraviolet Systems offers you the best commercial UV systems available. Low pressure UV systems are a proven solution to harmful waterborne pathogen problems and irritating chloramines. Pentair BioShield Commercial UV systems provide instant protection against Cryptosporidium, Giardia and remove chloramines. Vertical standing with flanged base, single-end top-loading lamp and quartz sleeve minimize floor space and maximize serviceability..
- Instant protection against Cryptosporidium and other harmful waterborne pathogens.
- Significantly reduces chemical odors within enclosed pool area.
- Conserve Free-Chlorine by as much as 30% compared to medium pressure UV systems.
- Enhanced, state-of-the-art electronic ballast, sized precisely to the lamp’s power requirement, ensures optimal UV-C output and maximum “useful lamp life”.
- Small footprint: vertical operation reduces required horizontal space. Unit can be installed horizontally if necessary.
- Cost-effective Schedule 80 solvent welded PVC plastic vessels stand up to corrosive Chlorine environments.
- High quality American made low-pressure, Amalgam UV lamps offerup to 12,000 hours of continuous operation.
- Low temperature lamps conserve energy and negate the need for quartz sleeve wiper systems.
- Choice of input/output piping connections.
- Standard sizes available up to 555 GPM and NSF 50 Certified.
- UV Vessel water temperature sensor/alarm – protects vessel from temperatures exceeding 120°F.
- 6-foot power cord and 20-foot lamp cables.